Recipe by Reddyrat
This is a wonderful dish! It comes from Heidi Swanson of www.101cookbooks.com, with a few adaptations. It makes for a hearty, yet light breakfast. It has a nice sweetness to it, but the sweetness is not overwhelming. If you're looking for something different for breakfast, this is a great recipe to try.
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed if frozen
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse quinoa well in a sieve or colander.
- Roast the pecans in a 350F degree toaster oven for 5 to 6 minutes or in a dry skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Combine milk, water and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat; let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in blackberries and cinnamon; transfer to four bowls and top with pecans. Drizzle 1 teaspoon agave nectar over each serving.