This is great for brunches or breakfast.
Make and share this Breakfast Quiche With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (no substitutes)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; remove foil.
- Bake for 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce heat to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheeses and onion over the crust.
- In bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne; pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.