Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is great for brunches or breakfast.
Make and share this Breakfast Quiche With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 9 inches unbaked pastry shells
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack pepper cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (no substitutes)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes; remove foil.
- Bake for 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and let cool.
- Reduce heat to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle bacon, cheeses and onion over the crust.
- In bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt, sugar and cayenne; pour into crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees; bake 30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
This recipe has never failed me. My boyfriend now husband loves this quiche. I've been using this recipe since 2010. Thank you for sharing.
What a great quiche, which I served with fresh fruit and a blueberry muffin!!! I scaled this back to serve two and used my mini casserole dish. I used a refrigerated pie crust, that was due to be used or trashed, and cut it to fit the dish. I followed the recipe as written except for 2 differences, I used green onion and added red bell pepper. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Potluck Tag Game!!
I did have some difficulty with this initially, but once I put it back in the oven for 10 additional minutes on 350 with foil covering, it turned out. The problem was that it had too much liquid. I couldn't get the full amount poured into the pie crust and had about 1/4 cup left over. I used shredded cheddar and shredded swiss for my cheese's of choice and also bacon along with some sliced up smoky links. It does have great flavor and actually any type of meat or cheese's would work fine. Thanks Lainey!~ Made for Phototag.