Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Someone brought this to our neighborhood Bunko group one night, and we all loved it! I've made it several times since, but I use it as part of my brunch menu when we have overnight guests. I serve it with warm flour tortillas and tortilla chips. If you like spicy get the hotter type of Rotel. YUM!!
- 1 (16 ounce) package breakfast sausage
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (reduced fat works well too!)
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (I prefer the petite diced tomatoes)
- Brown the sausage chopping it into tiny pieces as it cooks. While the sausage is cooking, cut the cheese bricks into cubes.
- Once the sausage is browned and crumbly, toss in the cheese, and pour in the rotel.
- Cook and stir until cheese is melted and mixture is bubbly. Serve warm with flour tortillas and/or tostada chips!
- *Reduce the fat/calories by using less sausage and reduced or fat free cream cheese.
I make this frequently on weekends, adding scrambled eggs to the warmed tortillas and I always use Mexican chorizo sausage for extra zip. Nice post!
I have been making this for ages and it is something I serve on a regular basis. I have never thought to eat it in a flour tortilla. I will try that sometime. I always serve it as a dip. I take it to get togethers all the time and everyone always asks for the recipe. My kids beg me to make this at least once a month! It's one of our favorites!