Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those recipes that just happened. I had some ground sausage that needed to be used and this was the results.
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 lb groud sausage, browned and drained
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Brown the sausage.
- Heat grill pan.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of each of the cheeses on 2 of the tortillas.
- Top cheese with the onion and browned sausage.
- Place remaining 2 tortillas on top and place on grill pan.
- Cook over low heat 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and cut into wedges.
- Serve with the salsa and sour cream.
Very good, we enjoyed these with scrambled eggs for brunch! Our grill was out of gas so I filled the tortillas with the meat and cheese, rolled them, placed in a baking dish and sprinkled with a bit more cheese. Placed in the oven to melt the cheese than topped with salsa and green onions. Thank you Jellyqueen for a wonderful recipe!
Another awesome PAC recipe and so easy to prepare. Great flavors and can easily be added to for variety. I made as written and it turned out great. Thanks JQ.
JQ, this is my kind of recipe--quick, easy and easily varied. I used homemade chorizo for the sausage. I added some mushrooms to the sausage as well as cooking the onions slightly. These were cooked in my Panini pan and press. They were finally garnished with salsa and yogurt (no sour cream). Something I will do many times over. Thanks!