1/1 Photo of Breakfast Quesadillas
Julie Tremmel's Note:
This is a Pillsbury Bake-off recipe that my family really enjoys. Easy to put together with a nice blend of flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 lb bulk pork sausage
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package flour tortillas, 8 inch
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1In a 12 inch skillet cook sausage until browned, no longer pink. Remove sausage from skillet; drain on paper towel. Wipe skillet clean, set aside.
- 2In medium size bowl lightly beat eggs, sour cream, half and half, and taco seasoning mix with wire whisk until well blended.
- 3In a 10 inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture; cook 2-4 minutes, stirring frequently , until mixture is very moist. Stir in sausage, chives, cilantro, tomato and chilies. Cook 1-2 minutes longer until egg mixture is set but still moist. Remove from heat.
- 4Place tortillas on work surface. Top half of each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons egg mixture; sprinkle each with 1 tablespoons of each of the cheeses. Fold untopped half of tortilla over egg mixture.
- 5Heat same 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet; cook 30-45 seconds on each side until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from skillet; place on serving plate. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. With pizza cutter cut each quesadilla into wedges.
- 6Serve quesadillas with fresh chives, taco sauce, sour cream and guacamole if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.7
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.6 g
- Cholesterol 393.1 mg
- Sodium 843.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 34.0 g