1/3 Photos of Breakfast Potstickers With Avocado and Goat Cheese
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: So many people seem to be intimidated by the thought of making their own potstickers. They are EASY! I make potstickers all the time for lunch and dinner. Now, I know that a tasty breakfast version is possible too! The filling can be made several days in advance. I like to make a big batch of these potstickers during the weekend and reheat them in the toaster oven for weekday breakfasts. Premade potsticker wrappers (AKA wonton wrappers) can be found in the produce section of most grocery stores, usually near the bean sprouts and tofu, and are only a few dollars. I tried once to made my own wrappers from scratch. They turned out alright but took up my entire afternoon!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/2 lb bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- 1 avocado, Diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 white onion
- 48 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 cup boiling water (for steaming)
- sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 1In a medium bowl, add Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, bacon, avocado, and goat cheese.
- 2In a food processor, finely chop the spinach, bell pepper, and onion. Add the eggs to the food processor and pulse until combined.
- 3Mix the ingredients from the food processor into the bowl.
- 4On a clean countertop, lay out a dozen potsticker wrappers. Place 1 tablespoons of filling onto the center of each.
- 5Using a basting brush, lightly dab the edges of each potsticker with cold water.
- 6Fold a corner of each potsticker onto the opposite corner, forming a triangle, and press all the way around the edges to create a seal.
- 7Repeat until all of your potsticker wrappers are filled and sealed.
- 8In a large pan with a lid (I use an electric griddle, set to 350F) add just enough oil to lightly coat the surface. When the oil is hot, add as many potstickers as will fit (My griddle can accommodate all 48 - though it is a tight fit! - but smaller pans will require you to work in batches).
- 9While the potstickers are cooking, combine your boiling water and ketchup and mix thoroughly. Add this water/ketchup mixture onto the potstickers and immediately cover with the lid.
- 10Let steam for 5 minutes, then remove the lid, allowing the water to evaporate.
- 11Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- 12Enjoy your fancy potsticker breakfast!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Potstickers With Avocado and Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.8
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 93.4 mg
- Sodium 822.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns