Recipe by ~jb4~
This recipe was from Tony's Town Square restaurant at Walt Disney World. I have been making these for 6 years now. I have made them for Baby showers, Christmas brunch, you name it they are so versatile. They are a good potato to serve with just about everything. My family loves them.
Top Review by VA
Made exactly as directed but I did them ahead up until the baking part. I put them in the refrigerator overnight and baked them in the morning. Everyone loved these potatoes! Served with ham, french toast and fruit salad.
- 10 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 quarts water
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet, saute onion and 1 tbsp of butter until the onion is golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Wash potatoes with skin on and cut into quarters.
- Add water, salt and potatoes to a large pot.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes.
- Potatoes should still be firm.
- Drain into a colander and allow to dry for 5 minutes.
- Place potatoes back into the pot and place over the turned off burner.
- Add the remaining 2 tbsps. of butter and toss the potatoes until the butter is melted.
- Add the seasoning salt, paprika, and the onions, stir to coat potatoes.
- Place potatoes into a 13x9 inch baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and fork tender.