Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
On my constant search for recipes for one or two I came across a recipe in a cooking for two book that consisted of eggs and potatoes cooked in a sort of Spanish tortilla format. When I tried it it was good but not enough. I decided to tweak it and make it more to my liking. I added cheese, and parsley. And serve it with a side of salsa for an extra kick. Sometimes I also serve with a side of refried beans and tortilla. This dish is very versatile and and really can be made in a variety of ways with bacon and onions added to the egg mixture or maybe topped with country sausage and gravy. This recipe would also be good as a quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe served with a salad and bread.
- 1 medium potato, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Place vegetable oil in medium frying pan at medium heat. (Do not use a larger frying pan unless doubling or tripling recipe as you want the eggs to congeal into the thickness of an omelet).
- Place potatoes in frying pan and cook to desired doneness.
- Place eggs in a small container and scramble. Using salt and pepper if desired.
- Lower heat to low and place eggs in frying pan on top of potatoes. Make sure eggs completely cover potatoes.
- Cover. (I suggest using foil so there isn't too much condensation).
- Watch eggs carefully and just before completely cooked cover with cheese and parsley.
- Cover and lower heat to warm or just enough to melt cheese.
- Remove from heat.