Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Has a slightly rough texture and makes a substantial full-bodied hot cereal. Perfect breakfast on a cold morning.
- 3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking polenta
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mascarpone
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk to a boil over med-high heat.
- Add in polenta; stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Decrease the heat to med-low, add in the Parmesan cheese; stir to blend; cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Spoon into bowls; top with the mascarpone and maple syrup; serve immediately.