Recipe by GrandmaG
Have a hard time getting the little ones to eat breakfast? Put a little breakfast pizza in front of them and they will gobble it down! (At least my grandgirls did!)Can be adapted for adults too! This is my version of Pillsbury's Cresent Breakfast Pizzas. You can also substitute the pesto for pizza sauce and leave off the eggs.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large Italian plum tomatoes, each cut into 8 slices
- 3 green onions, sliced (omit if your child does not like onions on their pizza)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray Large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In 10 in skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; crumble bacon and set aside.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add mushrooms to drippings and saute for about 5 minutes until lightly brown.
- Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Scramble eggs in butter or 1 tablespoon bacon drippings.
- remove from pan and set aside.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles; press each into 8X4- inch rectangle, firmly pressing preforations to seal.
- Cut each in half crosswide, making 8 squares; place 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Mix Cream cheese and pesto and spread 2 teaspoons on each square.
- Top evenly with cooked mushrooms and scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top.
- Arrange tomato slices over cheese.
- Sprinkle with onions, crumbled bacon and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm.