Recipe by ondway2gourmet
This is a very tasty dish to make. I like the crispyness and flakyness of the Phyllo Dough. I made it the way it is listed but you can change it to suit your taste buds. You can poach the eggs too if you like. Any cheese can be used but the aged sharp cheeses have more flavor and the right saltyness with less needed. You can also use Non-Stick Butter Spray if you want. Fork and Knife will be needed too. Hope You All like it!
- 1 (16 ounce) box phyllo dough (you won't use it all for one pizza)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted and 2 to 3 Tbls of Butter for cooking
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup manchego cheese or 1⁄3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Prheat oven to 350 degress and line cookie sheet with parchement paper.In 1 skillet over med-high heat 1 Tbls of butter and add onion and cook for about 2 minutes add garlic and Crushed Red Chile. Season with a little salt.
- Cook until onions are carmelized, Deglaze with chicken broth and cook 1 minute.
- Take off heat.
- In another pan cook the bacon. When done cool on a paper towel.
- Chop bacon and set aside.
- Unwrap Laughing Cow Cheese wedges and put in bowl, stir it with a fork until creamy.
- Unroll 1 sheet of Phyllo Dough and carefully butter lightly, Repeat for about 7 or 8 more sheets. (follow box directions for keeping Phyllo Dough).
- Spread L.C.Cheese on Phyllo Dough, carefully and leave an inch all the way around dough free from cheese.
- Put onions,bacon, then grated cheese reserve 2 Tbls.
- Fold over edges of Phyllo Dough and lightly butter all around.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- When edges are golden brown and flaky, it is done.
- Remove from oven and cook eggs with last Tbls of butter in pan bacon was cooked inches This is where the extra butter might be needed.
- Place eggs on pizza but leave room for slicing.
- Top with remaining cheese and chopped basil and enjoy!