This is a very tasty dish to make. I like the crispyness and flakyness of the Phyllo Dough. I made it the way it is listed but you can change it to suit your taste buds. You can poach the eggs too if you like. Any cheese can be used but the aged sharp cheeses have more flavor and the right saltyness with less needed. You can also use Non-Stick Butter Spray if you want. Fork and Knife will be needed too. Hope You All like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) box phyllo dough (you won't use it all for one pizza)
- 1 (6 ounce) package Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and 2 to 3 Tbls of Butter for cooking
- 6 slices turkey bacon
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup manchego cheese or 1/3 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 1Prheat oven to 350 degress and line cookie sheet with parchement paper.In 1 skillet over med-high heat 1 Tbls of butter and add onion and cook for about 2 minutes add garlic and Crushed Red Chile. Season with a little salt.
- 2Cook until onions are carmelized, Deglaze with chicken broth and cook 1 minute.
- 3Take off heat.
- 4In another pan cook the bacon. When done cool on a paper towel.
- 5Chop bacon and set aside.
- 6Unwrap Laughing Cow Cheese wedges and put in bowl, stir it with a fork until creamy.
- 7Unroll 1 sheet of Phyllo Dough and carefully butter lightly, Repeat for about 7 or 8 more sheets. (follow box directions for keeping Phyllo Dough).
- 8Spread L.C.Cheese on Phyllo Dough, carefully and leave an inch all the way around dough free from cheese.
- 9Put onions,bacon, then grated cheese reserve 2 Tbls.
- 10Fold over edges of Phyllo Dough and lightly butter all around.
- 11Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 12When edges are golden brown and flaky, it is done.
- 13Remove from oven and cook eggs with last Tbls of butter in pan bacon was cooked inches This is where the extra butter might be needed.
- 14Place eggs on pizza but leave room for slicing.
- 15Top with remaining cheese and chopped basil and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Pizza With Eggs Overeasy
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 716.8
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 397.1 mg
- Sodium 959.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Laughing Cow light garlic and herb cheese