Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from a Somersizing mailing list several years ago. It's a protein/fat recipe suitable for those who are doing Level 1 of the program. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bulk sausage, browned and drained
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- diced tomato
- sliced fresh mushrooms
- Combine the sausage and 1 1/2 cups cheese and spread in the bottom of a pie plate or a 9" x 9" casserole dish.
- Pour the eggs over the top of the meat mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and mushrooms over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-30 minutes.
Love this quick and easy breakfast recipe! Perfect for South Beach. Thanks!
This hit the spot for us. Unfortunately, I didn't have tomato so went without. I loved having breakfast ready for us since this lasted us 3 days. Thanks for this one.
Outrageous! I had to leave off the tomatoes, because I can't eat them, but otherwise I did this just as written. I love it when I find a recipe that makes me feel that I'm having something special too, when everyone else is eating their sugary carbs. This is delicious and easy. I cut it into wedges, so in the morning I can nuke a slice for breakfast. Thanks, Bunkie!!