Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
From Taste of Home.
Make and share this Breakfast Pizza Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 5 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook sausage until no longer pink. Add potatoes, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 18 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are browned.
- Stir in mushrooms.
- Beat in eggs; pour over the potato mixture.
- Arrange tomato slices on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set (do not stir).
- Serve with sour cream and salsa if desired.