Recipe by mightymax84041
Love this recipe! The original recipe called for a home made crust, but it took so much effort, it really wasn't practical for a fast breakfast. The store bought crust adds so much convenience that now, it's a quick and easy weekend meal, be it for breakfast or dinner.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
We really did enjoy this for breakfast this morning, as it has been a while since we have had eggs and bacon. I used the individual prepared pizza crust and chopped red onion and left out the shallots as I didn't have any but other than that and the cooking time, made as directed. I baked mine at 475 and had to cook it a little longer than it have if I had followed your instructions. Mine got a little "toasty". But we sure did enjoy and will make this again. Thanks. Made for Spring PAC 2012
- 1 prepared pizza crust
- kosher salt
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees 30 mins before you are ready to bake the pizza.
- Fry the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until crisp. Cool on a paper-towel-lined plate; roughly chop.
- Sprinkle the dough with half of the Parmesan, mozzarella and bacon. Make divots in the toppings and crack 3 eggs into the divots and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the egg yolks are cooked and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle parsley, chives, scallions and shallot on top. Let cool for 2 minutes, slice and serve immediately.