Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe came from our church cookbook and a dear friend of mine. It's easy to make & the kids love it!
- 8 ounces refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 12 ounces turkey sausage
- 1 cup frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Separate dough and press to form a round crust on a 12" pizza pan.
- Crimp edges with fingers to form a rim.
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat until borwn; crubmle and drain.
- Top prepared dough with sausage, potates and cheese.
- Combine milk, salt, pepper andegg substitute, stirring iwth a whisk.
- Pour over sausage; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minute or until crust is brown.
This is good! Made with pork sausage but otherwise followed the recipe as is. Made for Christmas Eve breakfast with the family and it hit the spot. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y! ~2010.
This pizza is yummy!! The buttery crescent roll crust is terrific. I used bacon instead of sausage. I was so sure that I had made my edges high enough but my egg filling ran over a little too! This was good and I''ll definately make it again!
I thought I made a review but it doesn't appear to have gone through so I will make another.... I thought this was a great idea! I loved the crescent roll crust and though it was a bit tricky to roll it out into a circle on my pizza stone it was worth the effort. It did end up being a bit on the thin side as I rolled it out leaving not much to make an edge to it so the egg mixture ended up going all over the side and making a mess of my oven. I would just try to make sure your edge is solid and be sure to put a sheet under the stone or pizza pan to catch any that flows over. We used bacon on ours rather than the sausage, and I used a mixture of cheeses including mozzerella, colby, and montery jack. The overall taste was a bit bland so I would maybe add some extra spices or maybe some peppers or something next time but it was still pretty good. My husband had salsa on top of his and said it was great that way. This idea can be very versatile and I can't wait to try other combinations! Thanks!