Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (, 2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 13 X 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Separate biscuit dough and arrange in rectangle on lightly floured surface.
- Roll into 14X 10- inch rectangle.
- Place in prepared dish; pat edges up sides of dish.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in single layer in large skillet; cook over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt and black pepper until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Spread sauce evenly over baked crust.
- Arrange bacon, green onions and bell pepper over sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
I find when I make this pizza I let the rolls come to room temperature before I spread them out. It seems to be easier to work with.
Recipenut, these tasted great in the end!! But I had a terrible time rolling the crescent dinner rolls, they were so elastic, they kept snapping back, so we ended up with half crust and half not. the cheese sauce turned out very tasty but not thick enough, consequently the middle part never did get cooked, which didn't stop us from eating it. So there is half of it left, we are hoping it will taste as good cold and will have thickened some, if not I will sprinkle some feta and sundried tomato on top and stick it in the oven again. Great taste, but the recipe just didn't work.
Thank you for posting this delicious recipe! My son and husband loved it. The cheese sauce was great. I substituted sausage for the bacon and pizza dough for the cresent rolls.