Recipe by Boomette
From Taste of Home. I found some great pitas and I'm looking at different recipes to try and posting here for safekeeping.
Top Review by I'mPat
What a wonderfully filling breakfast, the only change I made was to split the pita bread cut it into wedges, spray with a little oil and bake them till crisp in the oven and use them as scoops to eat with the egg and even then I could not get through it all though I used 4 very small eggs so next time 1 regular egg or 2 of the very small ones for me, thank you Boomette, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by weekend cooker.
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads, halved and warmed (6 inches)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the ham, onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Add the cheese, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into pita halves.