Tasty bacon, egg and veggies in pita bread
Make and share this Breakfast Pita Pockets recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the bacon. Dry fry for 3 or 4 minutes until it starts to brown.
- add the tomatoes and mushrooms with the olive oil.
- continue to fry until the mushrooms have softened and browned.
- Put the pita pockets on to toast.
- Meanwhile, add the spinach to the frying pan and cook for one minute.
- Add the beaten egg and stir until the egg is cooked.
- Season to taste.
- Slice open one side of each of the pita breads and spread the inside with a thin layer of sour cream.
- Fill the pitas with the egg mixture and enjoy!
- It tastes good with some bbq or tomato sauce on the side and also works with some cheddar cheese stirred through the egg mixture just after cooking. It's also good with different veggies, such as capsicum, spring onions or avacado.
I love the delicious veggies that goes into making these breakfast pita. The tomatoes were fresh garden tomatoes and next time, I will drain the liquid off before adding the eggs. This makes a hearty and healthy breakfast.