Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from Southern Living.
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Beat together shortening and just 1/2 cup of the sugar on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add egg and beat until belnded.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to the shortening mixture, alternating with the crushed pineapple& its juices, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Beat on low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 2/3s full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from tins immediately and brush with melted butter.
- Stir together remaining sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops o each puff.
- Serve hot.