Recipe by Tisme
Ohhhh what a great start to the day. Serve for breakfast or brunch.........Ohh what the heck anytime is good!
Top Review by I'mPat
What a great breakfast this made, I scaled it back to make 4 but used 2 eggs so had some egg mix left which added another egg to and scrambled it and the DS and the DM had a pie each and some scrambled egg while I took cooks privelege and had 2 pies. I used a low fat cream cheese and a low fat cream and did not add salt, they were cooked to perfection in 15 minutes with the filling being light and fluffy with lovely crisp pastry. Thank you Tisme, made for Make My Recipe - Spring Edition.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, each cut into 4 even squares
- 150 g sliced ham, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped chives
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 125 g cream cheese spread
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Press the pastry squares into 8 × 1 cup capacity greased Texas muffin tins. Combine ham, tomatoes chives and spring onions then divide evenly between pastry squares.
- Whisk together the cream cheese spread, eggs, cream and seasoning. Pour over ham filling and sprinkle each with grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 200°C fan-forced for 12-15 minutes until pies are golden and cooked through.
- Serve warm.