- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells (frozen and thawed)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage (cooked and drained)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Line the pie shell with 1 cup shredded mozzarella, cover with sausage.
- Top with remaining 1 cup shredded mozzarella.
- In a small bowl beat together the eggs and milk. Pour over the cheese layer. Sprinkle with the chives.
- Bake 325' for approximately 40 minutes or until set. It may be necessary to prick the top layer with a fork to allow the egg to redistribute itself.
- Cool for a few minutes before cutting.