Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Live at Five 4/21/2004 Lee Murphy, Knox County Health Dept.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy; natural, reduced-fat, or regular)
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flake cereal (oat, corn, bran, or other flakes)
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- powdered sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, dry milk powder, and honey until smooth.
- Crush cereal by placing in plastic bag and crushing with rolling pin or by hand.
- Add raisins and crushed cereal to peanut butter mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- With your hands, form into balls the size of a nickel.
- Roll in, or sprinkle with, powdered sugar, if desired.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
These are so good and fun. I omitted the raisins and added coconut, mini chocolate chips and rolled in wheat germ. A huge hit and so versatile! Thank you!
What a yummy little snack! The protein keeps you satisfied. Great on the go nibbles, too!
I used to make a slightly varied version of this when I was a kid with my mom. Our difference was no cereal or powdered sugar and we rolled our balls in wheat germ. Yummy!