Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From A Taste Of Home cookbook. Recipe was submitted by Jeannine Stallings. I even ground my own pork for these yummy little sausage patties.
- 59.14 ml water
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml rubbed sage
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg (grind your own if you can)
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes (I like to use a little less to make it more toddler friendly)
- 0.59 ml ground ginger (grind your own if you can)
- 907.18 g ground pork
- In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Add pork and mix well. Shape into eight 4-inch patties (of course, you will get more patties if you make them smaller).
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium low heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center and meat thermometer reads 160°F (I did find that I needed longer than that to cook mine through, but they were pretty thick).
Ever since my husband bought me a KitchenAid mixer 2 years ago, I've been grinding chicken thighs for sausage. I've got a great italian sausage recipe but until now I've only had a so-so recipe for breakfast sausage. This one is very flavorful and was a huge hit. Thanks. This is definitely a keeper.