Recipe by Kay D.
From A Taste Of Home cookbook. Recipe was submitted by Jeannine Stallings. I even ground my own pork for these yummy little sausage patties.
Top Review by Twiggyann
Ever since my husband bought me a KitchenAid mixer 2 years ago, I've been grinding chicken thighs for sausage. I've got a great italian sausage recipe but until now I've only had a so-so recipe for breakfast sausage. This one is very flavorful and was a huge hit. Thanks. This is definitely a keeper.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (grind your own if you can)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I like to use a little less to make it more toddler friendly)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger (grind your own if you can)
- 2 lbs ground pork
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Add pork and mix well. Shape into eight 4-inch patties (of course, you will get more patties if you make them smaller).
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium low heat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center and meat thermometer reads 160°F (I did find that I needed longer than that to cook mine through, but they were pretty thick).