Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We have always eaten pasta for breakfast - leftover or fresh cooked - with tomato sauce or chicken broth and cheese. This is the ultimate recipe. Imagine serving this at your next brunch (lunch or dinner). From the Little Tree B&B, Taos, NM.
- While pasta is cooking, saute garlic and mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Before mushrooms are thoroughly cooked, add green onions, remove from heat and reserve for later use.
- Crack eggs into bowl and lightly beat.
- When pasta is cooked, drain.
- In large skillet melt butter with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, add pasta to skillet and stir briefly.
- Add eggs and half of the Parmesan cheese, stir until eggs begin to form curds on pasta.
- Then add garlic, mushrooms, green onions, basil, and chopped parsley.
- Lastly, add chopped tomatoes, stirring briefly to incorporate.
- Immediately place on serving plates and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and rest of cheese.