Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have always eaten pasta for breakfast - leftover or fresh cooked - with tomato sauce or chicken broth and cheese. This is the ultimate recipe. Imagine serving this at your next brunch (lunch or dinner). From the Little Tree B&B, Taos, NM.
- While pasta is cooking, saute garlic and mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon olive oil.
- Before mushrooms are thoroughly cooked, add green onions, remove from heat and reserve for later use.
- Crack eggs into bowl and lightly beat.
- When pasta is cooked, drain.
- In large skillet melt butter with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, add pasta to skillet and stir briefly.
- Add eggs and half of the Parmesan cheese, stir until eggs begin to form curds on pasta.
- Then add garlic, mushrooms, green onions, basil, and chopped parsley.
- Lastly, add chopped tomatoes, stirring briefly to incorporate.
- Immediately place on serving plates and sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and rest of cheese.
I'm a super carb addict, and this really helped my addiction, spaghetti for breakfast, yay! Didn't change a thing, but did use more than 6 mushrooms (we love shrooms) and added some mozzarella to the Parmesan! Carb addict's heaven!
We have stayed at the Little Tree B&B in Taos. What a fabulous place. Never tried this pasta dish but should have. I am a bonafide carb addict so this was a no brainer for me. I knew I was going to like and I was right. Served it for supper, though. Kids gave me a strange look with they saw it, but like little troopers, they gave it a try and loved it. I added some shredded MJ cheese to the Parmesan. Thanks Lorac, this is a winner.
Wonderful. I made this exactly as written except I skipped the butter. We had it for supper as a tryout for Christmas brunch. It's a keeper made with whole wheat capellini and a little salt and pepper added to the beaten eggs before cooking. This carbaholic thinks the idea of pasta for breakfast is inspired.