Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on 1st Traveler's Choice internet cookbook. I made it for breakfast and my family enjoyed it. It would also serve as a fast, cheap and easy dinner.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- While pasta is cooking, slice mushrooms and green onions.
- Saute garlic and mushrooms with 1 Tablespoons olive oil.
- Before mushrooms are thoroughly cooked, add green onions. Remove from heat and reserve for later use.
- Crack eggs in a bowl and lightly beat.
- Dice tomatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- When pasta is cooked, drain. In large skillet melt butter with 1 Tablespoons olive oil.
- When the butter is melted, add pasta to skillet and stir breifly.
- Add eggs and half of the Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until eggs begin to form curds on the pasta. Then add garlic, mushrooms, green onions, basil, and chopped parsley.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with the remaining cheese and black pepper to taste.