Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another of my fiance's creations - it's great for a regular breakfast and it was also the only thing I could keep down when I had terrible food poisoning.
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper or hot sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter and add hot pasta.
- Crack eggs over pasta and scramble.
- Sprinkle parmesan over pasta and serve, adding salt, pepper, or hot sauce.
Just made this for breakfast this morning. EVERYONE LOVED it!! I used whole wheat Rotini and it was YUMMY!! My 6 year old and my 14 year old cleaned their plates! I can see many possibilities for variations. Next time I think I will try adding steamed Asparagus and mushrooms. Thanks for this unusual dish! Definitely a keeper!
Really good. My husband made this for breakfast for us over the weekend. I think it's just the perfect blend between the pasta and egg!!!
This is a great recipe! I'd call it comfort food. And who doesn't have eggs, pasta & parmesan on hand? I have my own chickens, so I am always looking for ways to showcase their wonderful organic eggs. Thanks, Sass!