Recipe by English_Rose
This recipe adds breakfast bacon and sausages to rice to create a tasty, very British risotto.
- vegetable oil
- 12 sausages, ideally tomato
- 4 slices smoked back bacon, cut into strips
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 11 ounces risotto rice
- 7 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 3 ounces butter, chopped
- 3 ounces brie cheese, diced
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the sausages until cooked through, around 20 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, slowly fry the bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt the unsalted butter in a heavy-based saucepan, add the finely chopped onion and gently fry without colouring until softened.
- Add the risotto rice to the onion and stir to coat each grain in butter.
- In a separate pan, bring the stock to the boil. Add a ladleful of the stock to the rice, stir and cook until the stock has evaporated.
- Continue gradually adding the hot stock to the rice for between 15-20 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Meanwhile, chop the sausages into 1/2in slices. After the rice has cooked for 15 minutes, add them to the risotto in pieces.
- When the rice is fully cooked, take off heat and put to one side. Add the chopped butter and diced cheese and leave to stand for 3 minutes.
- Mix together and season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Divide among 4 serving dishes.
- Mix the bacon and chopped parsley together, sprinkle on top, garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.