1/1 Photo of Breakfast Oatmeal Pudding
1 hr 10 mins
This is a nice and easy way to serve oatmeal. It's very moist and tasty, even my children love to eat this one. Use other dried fruits for a different taste. This recipe comes from a local Toronto paper, yeeeeears ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked (2 3/4 cups old-fashioned)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins or 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- 3In another bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- 4Add the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- 5Pour into an 8"x8" greased baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes or until centre is set and firm to the touch.
- 6Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 7Serve with milk or yogurt and fruit.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Oatmeal Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.1
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g