Recipe by majakete
This is a nice and easy way to serve oatmeal. It's very moist and tasty, even my children love to eat this one. Use other dried fruits for a different taste. This recipe comes from a local Toronto paper, yeeeeears ago.
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal, uncooked (2 3/4 cups old-fashioned)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup raisins or 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 1⁄3 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute or 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, raisins, cinnamon and salt, mix well.
- In another bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry and wet ingredients together and mix well.
- Pour into an 8"x8" greased baking dish and bake for 55-60 minutes or until centre is set and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Serve with milk or yogurt and fruit.