Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm a breastfeeding mom, and I wanted something to start the day out right. Tasty enough to enjoy, but not full of sugars and refined grains: this oatmeal fits the bill perfectly.
- 2⁄3 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 whole ripe peach
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground flax seeds
- rice milk
- Put the water and rolled oats in a pot and set on High.
- Bring to a boil, then stir, turn the heat to the lowest setting, and cook until thickened.
- Meanwhile, dice up the banana and peach.
- Put the banana, peach, and raisins in the pot and stir.
- Add cinnamon and flaxseed to taste.
- Splash of rice milk to taste.
This was great, still sweet but not loaded with sugar. I used tin peaches & overripe banana, left out the raisins as I'm not too keen on them for a tasty brekky.
Great recipe! Full of flavor and you get a different taste with every spoonfull! I love the combination of all the fruit! This is also a very filling breakfast!!!! Thanks for the this healthy oatmeal breakfast!