Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A fun twist to the usual brunch fare.
- 382.71 g tortilla chips
- 473.18 ml refried beans
- 8 eggs, scrambled
- 907.18 g salsa, warmed
- 354.88 ml monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- 88.74 ml scallions, thinly sliced
- Cover the bottom of a large oven-safe platter with tortilla chips.
- Microwave refried beans for 1 minute, then spread over the tortilla chips.
- Crumble scrambled eggs evenly over beans.
- Evenly pour warmed salsa over eggs.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Broil entire platter in oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with scallions.
I did add crumbled,cooked sausage to this and we loved it!! Thanks so much for this fun and tasty recipe!!
We had these for breakfast this morning, as a warm-up for the Super Bowl, and they were fantastic. The only major change I made was to use whole tostadas instead of tortilla chips (because "chips" rhymes with "hips" and that's where they end up if they come in the house :-) ). I also halved the recipe since there are only 2 of us. I used EggBeaters, a reduced-fat Mexican 4 cheese blend, and no-fat refried beans and they tasted fine. Definitely will be making these again. They were quick to whip up (I think the longest part of the process was scrambling the eggs) and even quicker to eat! Thanks Nonnie!