2 hrs 20 mins
Air Force Mama's Note:
Great to eat with just butter or make breakfast sandwiches
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a mixing bowl. Combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter, and heat to 110 degrees.
- 2Add to yeast mixture with 3 cups flour. Beat for 3 minutes.
- 3Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough and turn out onto floured surface.
- 4Knead for 3-5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- 5Place in a bowl, cover with a wet tea towel, and let rise 1 hour.
- 6Punch dough down, and divide in half. Let dough rest for 10 minutes. On a surface generously sprinkled with cornmeal, pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 7Cut into circles with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- 8Place circles onto ungreased baking sheet. Cover with a dry tea towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- 9Place risen muffins gently onto a medium-hot griddle and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- 10Cool on a wire rack.
- 11Split with a fork and toast.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Breakfast Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.6
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.9 mg
- Sodium 660.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 14.4 g