Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Great to eat with just butter or make breakfast sandwiches
Make and share this Breakfast Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a mixing bowl. Combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter, and heat to 110 degrees.
- Add to yeast mixture with 3 cups flour. Beat for 3 minutes.
- Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough and turn out onto floured surface.
- Knead for 3-5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
- Place in a bowl, cover with a wet tea towel, and let rise 1 hour.
- Punch dough down, and divide in half. Let dough rest for 10 minutes. On a surface generously sprinkled with cornmeal, pat or roll dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into circles with a floured 3-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place circles onto ungreased baking sheet. Cover with a dry tea towel and let rise 30 minutes.
- Place risen muffins gently onto a medium-hot griddle and cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Split with a fork and toast.