Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe in a Kraft cooking magazine - yummy!!!
Make and share this Breakfast Muffin Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 354.88 ml all-bran cereal
- 78.07 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 0.25 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml buttermilk
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml molasses
- 354.88 ml finely grated carrots
- 118.29 ml chopped dates
- MIX flour, cereal, sesame seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- WHISK together egg, buttermilk, brown sugar, vegetable oil and molasses.
- STIR liquid mixture into dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold in carrots and dates.
- Spread evenly in greased 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until centre springs back when gently touched.
- Cool on rack.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in airtight container.
BORING! Sorry, but, although they turned out perfect, no one is eating them. I tried eating 'em, but found them dull, even with the great spices. They taste like muffins, which makes sense, but not very good ones. I threw the recipe out.
I used rasin bran instead of bran cereal and dates. The only suggestion that I would make is to hold the cereal out of the mix until after you mix wet with dry, maybe fold it in last. I had a few little pockets of uncooked flour around where the flakes had been. Granted that may have been due to the substitution. Tasted great, kinda like carrot cake.
These turned out great. The only change that I made was substituting half of the white flour with whole wheat flour. I picked this recipe because of the autumn flavors and smells. Yumm... I cut up the bars and wrapped them individually for quick breakfasts on the go. They were easy to make as well. Thank you!