Recipe by CIndytc
Baking these rolls in muffin cups cleverly corrals their syrupy topping. Got this from Midwest Living Magazine February 2010.
- 1 (36 1/2 ounce) packagecinnamon sweet rolls, frozen (you only will use half of package, 6 rolls)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Place frozen rolls 2 inches apart on a greased bakin gsheet. Cover rolls with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight to let dough thaw and begine to rise*.
- Generously grease 12 - 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter and maple syrup until combined. Divide mixture amoung muffin cups.
- Sprinkle pecans into cups.
- Set aside.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces. Place two rolls pieces in each prepared muffin cup, pressing together lightly.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in mufin cups on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert onto a large platter. SErve warm, drizzled with frosing from roll package, if you like.
- To save time, substitute a 12 (4 ounce) package (8) refrigerated cinnomon rolls for th efrozen cinnamon roll dough and omit the overnight rise.
- Cut each roll into 3 pieces. Continue as directed, except bake for 15 minutes or until rolls are golden.