Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
From EatingWell: September 2010 edition.These pizzas aren't just for dinner! Here they have combined two kid favorites-- mini pizzas and scrambled eggs--for a breakfast treat both adults and kids will love :) Low calorie/healthy weight/high calcium/high fiber :)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
- 1 whole wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves.
- Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using).
- Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.