Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cute variation of the deviled egg to serve to the kids. Can also be a great food to serve for breakfast (hence the name), a themed party or Halloween. By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
- Gently scoop egg yolks into small bowl.
- Mash yolks, mayonnaise and salt until smooth.
- Spoon yolk mixture back into egg halves.(Do not heap).
- Place 2 halves, cut side down, on each serving plate. (on top of lettuce or spinach leaves if using)
- Cut two tiny slits near the narrow end of each egg half; position 2 radish slices on (or into) each half for ears.
- Use the root end of each radish to form tails.
- Push raisins (or currants) into each egg half to form eyes.
- Place small pile of cheese in front of each mouse.
This really was cute! Since my eggs were so small, I used dried chokeberries (aronia) which are tiny enough for the eyes. Thanks for sharing this fun recipe!
Made for Choose Your Event Party Tag Game of the diabetes forum for Race Your Mouse Around the Icons Day.
These were so cute! I omitted the salt and used black pepper and paprika in the yolk mixture instead. I also used dried cranberries for the eyes and nose. Since I was serving on a white dish, I used the lettuce, and it set off the mice wonderfully. Thanks for a keeper!