Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I watched my brother in law Skip make something close to this and it looked good, when I tried it my kids loved it, and wanted it again!!
- In a large frying pan cook sausage until brown.
- Drain fat; add the onion, pepper strips, potatoes and seasoning salt.
- Cook approximately 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- While vegetables are cooking, preheat broiler.
- Add eggs and cook until set.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and put under broiler until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
I served this to 4 hungry men this morning and they just DEVOURED it! I made the recipe exactly as posted. It was very easy to make. I served it with biscuits and blackberry jam. It was a big hit, and I will definitly make this again. Thanks Jeff!
Take that "mess", put it on a warmed tortilla, add a little salsa, and you've got a breakfast burrito! They go over really well with kids, and can be prepared in advance (except for the eggs) the night before for slumber party breakfasts or when you have company.
This is a wonderful dish and so easy to make. Actually, I prepared everything except the eggs and cheese the night before. The next morning I re-heated it in the micro to loosen it up a bit and then added the eggs and cooked in a pan on the stove until the eggs were set. Then added the cheese and broiled it until melted. What a quick way to make a full-flavored breakfast with hardly any effort. This is a "keeper" recipe, Jeff. Thanks for sharing. :-)