Recipe by SJBG
My mum used to make this all the time, and when she did the family would have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, it is so good, and so easy to make. Not the healthiest thing in the world, I'm sure, but comfort food is meant to be good for the soul, not the body. ;-) Can be frozen and reheats well in the microwave.
Top Review by Mindelicious
Husband loved this!! He likes spicey foods so I added a layer of sliced jalapenos over the sausage and some red pepper flakes into the eggs. I also used a bit of milk just because I only had 7 eggs to use. I turned the temp down once the pie had a dome shape (didn't use the top crust) and kept it in there until we were ready for it. Will definitely be making this recipe again!! Thanks so much!
- 1 (15 ounce) boxpillsbury pie crusts
- 1 (12 ounce) package breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Brown the sausage in a skillet then pour out excess grease.
- The Pillsbury pie crust I use comes in a skinny red box found in the refrigerated section in the grocery store and contains two rolled up crusts. Unroll one crust and place on the bottom of a pie pan.
- Place cooked sausage in the crust-lined pan.
- Beat the 8 eggs and pour over sausage.
- Set 6 slices of cheese on top of the sausage and egg mixture. You might have to break some slices apart to make sure the whole top of the pie is covered with a thin, even layer of cheese.
- Place second pie crust on top, pinch edges together with a fork and trim excess crust off with a knife. Make slits in the top crust to allow air to escape.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour.