Recipe by Dissie
Found this on the web, and family thought it was a really good breakfast casserole. My hubby wants me to add sliced jalepenos the next time I make it.
Top Review by Graymare47 # 252632
I made this for supper, last night. My SO says you couldn't find a better dish, in a restaurant!! It was easy enough to make and tasted great to the cook, as well! Prepared for PAC Spring 2009!
- 1 (20 ounce) package hash brown potatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) package sausage links (uncooked)
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 1 1⁄2-2 cups mild cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease the bottom and sides of a 13" x 9" pan with vegetable oil.
- In a bowl, add hash browns and vegetable oil. Mix until potatoes are evenly coated. Press potatoes into bottom and up sides of pan. Put into center of oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, baking powder, salt and pepper. Add diced onion and mix. Pour egg mixture over pre-baked potatoes. Place two rows of sausage links on top egg mixture down the length of the pan. Cover and place in oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is firm. Remove from oven, uncover. Top with cheese and parsley. Return to oven uncovered and bake an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; allow to set 5-10 minutes before serving.