Recipe by LAURIE
My DBF is a trucker and when I ride with him we frequent the truck stops. I got hooked on kielbasa for breakfast from the truck stop buffets. This is a great recipe for a change of pace breakfast. We like it with French toast or pancakes.
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 1 lb reduced-fat kielbasa (or breakfast sausages)
- 1 bunch fresh sage (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine water and lemon juice.
- Core apples and cut each lengthwise into quarters; cut each quarter into 4 wedges. Soak slices in lemon water 1 minute; drain.
- Cut kielbasa diagonally into 24 1/2-inch-thick oval slices.
- On wooden or metal skewers, alternately thread 4 slices or apple and 3 slices kielbasa, beginning and ending with apple. Kielbasa should be threaded through skin side-not cut side.
- Roast kabobs, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until apple slices soften and kielbasa browns.
- Set on bed of sage leaves, if desired, and serve.