Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Love scrambled eggs? Love Jaffles? Then combine the 2. Recipe from Bakers delight. (A Jaffle in Australia is a toasted sandwich with sealed edges done in an electric jaffle iron)
- 8 slices bread
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup cream or 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Preheat jaffle machine & butter one side of each bread piece.
- Whisk eggs, cream, chives, salt & pepper in a bowl, add tomatoes.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. When butter is sizzling, pour in half the egg mixture, cook for 1 min or until egg starts to cook. Stir mixture, from outer edge of pan to centre, until almost cooked.
- Spoon the egg mixture onto 2 bread slices, top with remaining bread butter side up.
- Place sandwiches in jaffle machine, cook for 5-6 mins or until bread is golden.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture, butter & bread.