Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not knowing what to fix for breakfast can be a real chore. This was the result of "I'm tired of the same old thing". Served this with homemade biscuits and sliced tomatoes. Makes two generous servings.
- Using medium shredder blade of food processor, shred the potato.
- Warm olive oil in non-stick skillet, add potato, bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms and bacon.
- Cook and stir until potato is lightly browned and other vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are almost set, running spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg to run to bottom of pan.
- When eggs are almost set, invert onto a dinner plate and then slip back into pan allowing the bottom to cook completely.
- The last few minutes top with shredded cheese and cover until cheese melts.
- Cut in half and slip onto serving plates.
My husband really liked it for Father's day breakfast, he ate both servings. I did add one more egg and I too did not attempt the flip because it looked too wet, so I put it under the broiler to "fix" the egg and then to melt the cheese. Also, I used regular onion and Simply Potatoes (pre-shredded). I added the mushroom and bacon later than onion, pepper, and potato.
Loved this frittata! I did use cooked sausage for the bacon and monterey jack cheese. I cut it into quarters to flip and then put the cheese on the top and proceeded with the recipe. DH kept saying how good it was. Served with apple fritters for a wonderful breakfast.
This was excellent! I did not try to flip the frittata but broiled the egg on top instead. It turned out perfectly and I will make again. Thanks Paula!