Recipe by PaulaG
Not knowing what to fix for breakfast can be a real chore. This was the result of "I'm tired of the same old thing". Served this with homemade biscuits and sliced tomatoes. Makes two generous servings.
Top Review by Hootenanny
My husband really liked it for Father's day breakfast, he ate both servings. I did add one more egg and I too did not attempt the flip because it looked too wet, so I put it under the broiler to "fix" the egg and then to melt the cheese. Also, I used regular onion and Simply Potatoes (pre-shredded). I added the mushroom and bacon later than onion, pepper, and potato.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red skin white potato, washed
- 1⁄2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 3 -4 green onions, washed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 slices Canadian bacon, diced
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs, beaten with
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using medium shredder blade of food processor, shred the potato.
- Warm olive oil in non-stick skillet, add potato, bell pepper, green onions, mushrooms and bacon.
- Cook and stir until potato is lightly browned and other vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, pour egg mixture over vegetables.
- Cook until eggs are almost set, running spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg to run to bottom of pan.
- When eggs are almost set, invert onto a dinner plate and then slip back into pan allowing the bottom to cook completely.
- The last few minutes top with shredded cheese and cover until cheese melts.
- Cut in half and slip onto serving plates.