Recipe by kelly in TO
Low GI breakfast smoothie with protein, fruit and fibre.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Wow! I used almond milk and sheep yoghurt, and for the protein I used brown rice and pea protein. This is VERY good, creamy and smooth, and very nice taste. Next time I might use homemade vanilla yoghurt. Thanks for sharing!
Made for My Three Chefs.
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cups soymilk
- 2 cups fresh berries or 2 cups frozen berries
- 1⁄2 banana
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup whey or 1⁄2 cup soy protein isolate, powder
- 2 tablespoons soy lecithin granules (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a spice or coffee grinder finely grind flaxseed and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend together soy milk, berries, banana and yogurt until almost smooth.
- Add seed mixture, protein powder and lecithin, is using, to soy milk mixture. Blend just until mixed, about 5 seconds.