Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
This is a wonderful little invention that I came up with! I am quite proud of it.
- 1 lb country sausage
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash browns
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container cream cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cheese
- Brown and crumble the sausage in a skillet.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Put everything in a dish and stir until hash browns are thoroughly coated.
- Spray crock pot with Pam and then put the hash brown mixture into the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 4-6.
I made this for a church brunch and was excited because I had all of the ingredients on hand and it seemed so simple to make. This was definitely a simple dish to make. However, I didn't really care for the consistency. The recipe didn't specify what type of hash browns so I used the shredded type because this is what I had on hand. I think I may try the recipe again with the cubed hash brown potatoes. The taste was good (after I added salt and pepper), but I just couldn't get over the grainy texture.
Having to work Christmas morning, my co-workers and I decided to have a potluck breakfast. I brought "Breakfast in a Crockpot." It was a huge hit. You have good reason to be proud of it. Thanks! Al
This was so easy to make and it tasted Awesome! I substituted O'Brian Potato's for regular hashbrowns and used hot sausage, cause we like spicy & doubled the recipe for a church potluck. I got so many compliments and several requests for the recipe. Men especially loved this dish. Thanks Diggy keep on inventing!