Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
An easy recipe to be done overnight and ready to serve your family or guests in the morning
- 32 ounces frozen hash browns
- 1 lb cooked lean ham, cubed or 1 lb cooked bacon
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Divide potatoes, ham, vegetables and cheese so you can create several layers of each in the crock pot.
- Start with the hash browns, then ham, onions, peppers and lastly cheese.
- Repeat until you have several layers of each.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour this over the layers in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours overnight.
I knew this would be great and it was! What a clever idea, I never thought to make a breakfast overnight, my parents were just here visiting and i made this, we woke up to the most delicious smelling house and I didn't have to do a thing but dish it up! I will make this alot I am sure, thanks so much!
The reviews were right in saying the smell in the house is wonderful and how easy and convenient this recipe is. However, it was not as creamy or smooth as I anticipated. Maybe this was due to the skim milk used instead of cream. Will try again and will add either a can of cream of mushroom soup, or whipping cream instead of milk.
This sounded so good and easy I had to try it for Thanksgiving morning. I made half the recipe using some wonderful glazed ham we had just had for dinner. I had pre-chopped the onions and peppers and thawed the hashbrowns so it took no time at all to assemble. Unfortunately it was not done the next morning (11 hours) so I had to pop it into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until the eggs were set. I think the low setting is just too low on my ancient crockpot. Next time I'll set it to medium and see how it goes. It was delicious and enjoyed by all! I may add green chiles instead of the bell peppers next time and serve with tortillas. YUM!