Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
One stop complete breakfast.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- Cook the bacon until crisp.
- Crumble the bacon into pieces.
- Add the apple cider, oatmeal, brown sugar into the crock pot.
- Add the chopped apple (with skin on ).
- Add the crumble bacon and stir.
- Cook on high about 1 hour or until the apples are tender.
- Add the yogurt on top the bowl of oatmeal.
I was a little skeptical at first because of the bacon being added to oatmeal, but boy was I ever surprised. I love the saltiness that it added to go along with the sweet. This made for a really filling breakfast. Will definitely make this again.