Recipe by JenfromOro
This is from Canadian Living magazine and I am putting it here for safe keeping. I am thinking Father's Day will be a great time to try this out!
Top Review by TOOLBELT DIVA
This recipe deserves more than 5-stars, on the basis of having cooked it prior to seeing the post on ZAAR. I did see this recipe in Canadian Living Magazine and have cooked it many, many times... Instead of raw potatoes, I use frozen Hash Brown; (the restaurant-size package). These potatoes are little 3/4 inch square, and partially cooked before freezing. I buy them at Food Basics in the frozen vegetable section. The package is about 3 Kg... wonderful for this recipe, in particular, and removes the "peel, slice and dice" steps... It will cut your prep and cook time in half.. I love it and you will too.... Also used "mild Italian Sausage", because I always have them on hand. They come in packages of 4 or 6.... I re-wrap the sausages into packages of two.... perfect , perfect, perfect.... for one or two....or more.
- 3 smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 yukon gold potatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large non stick skillet, cook sausages over medium heat, stirring often, untilbrowned, 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towel-lined late. Drain fat from pan.
- In same skillet, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat;cook mushrooms, red pepper, onion, garlic, thyme and half of each of the salt and pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile peel and dice potatoes into about 1/3 inch pieces. Heat remaining oil in same skillet over medium heat; cook potatoes and remaining salt and pepper, stirring often, until tender and golden, abut 15 minutes.
- Add sausages and mushroom mixure, cook , stirring about 3 minutes.
- Spoon into 4 greased 1 1/2 cup baking dishes. With spoon, make hollow in centre of each; crack egg into each hollow. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- Bake on baking sheet in 375 degree oven until whites are set and yolks are runny, and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes.